Jeffrey Bird Insider Sell Transaction
1,000,000 shares of Mattersight Corp (NASDAQ:MATR)
Mattersight Corp Stock Rating, Sentiment and Fundamentals
Since Jeffrey has been known to make smart insider trades, one cannot help but believe that the future of the Company is anything but questionable. For 2015 the company’s professional stock analysts are projecting $-0.70 earnings for each share. This indicates a P/E ratio of NaN and growth rate year on year of 25.00% with Jeffrey Bird at the helm.
|Rating & Sentiment|
|Hedge Funds Sentiment:||NEUTRAL|
|Earnings + FCF Trend:||BUY|
* Read How Our Stock Ratings System Works
Although Mattersight Corp’s fundamentals are not so good and it’s stock has insider selling, we rate Mattersight Corp, “NEUTRAL” because of our time momentum model. Mattersight Corp’s share price has increased 10.25 % in the last 25 days and it’s at present in steady and strong uptrend.
Price Chart of Mattersight Corp NASDAQ:MATR Stock
Source: RightEdgeSystems, Yahoo Split & Dividend Adjusted Data and OctaFinance Interpretations
As the famous Michael Platt, a stock market legend, claimed, best money is made through a mix of both fundamental as well as technical analysis. But as our analysis says, this is not evidently with Mattersight Corp.
Hedge Funds Ownership
Review of 13F SEC filings disclose that 39 institutional investors and hedge funds had shares of Mattersight Corp. The institutional ownership of the company’s stock in the last quarter is low, at 40.34 % of the shares outstanding. They increased by 150,311 the total shares they hold. As of that quarter these institutional investors owned 10.41 million shares. A total of 3 funds closed their positions in Mattersight Corp and 12 reduced their holdings. There were 4 funds that created new positions and 10 funds that added to their positions.
As disclosed by SEC’s 13F filings, three funds are very long the firm as its in their Top 10 stock portfolios.
Investor Ab is the most positive institutional investor on Mattersight Corp, with ownership of 2.64 million shares as of Q2 2015 for 1.46% of the fund’s portfolio. Goldman Capital Management Inc is another positive institutional manager owning 1.41 million shares of the company or 5.19% of their stocks portfolio. The stock is also 8.82% of the fund’s AUM. Further The Oklahoma-based fund Prescott Group Capital Management L.L.C. have 1.79% of their stock portfolio invested in the company’s market cap for 1.52 million shares. Mark N. Diker’s Diker Management Llc disclosed it had purchased a stake worth 1.40% of the fund’s stock portfolio in Mattersight Corp. The New York-based fund S Squared Technology Llc is also very upbeat about the company’s stock, possessing 379,427 shares or 2.44% of their stock portfolio.
Mattersight Corp NASDAQ:MATR Company Profile
Mattersight Corporation (Mattersight) is an enterprise analytics focused on customer and employee interactions and behaviors. Through its Behavioral Analytics-related services, including Predictive Behavioral Routing, Performance Management, and Predictive Analytics (collectively, Behavioral Analytics), Mattersight captures and analyzes customer and employee interactions, employee desktop data, and other contextual information to route customers to the available employee, operational performance, and predict future customer and employee outcomes. The Company’s SaaS delivery model combines analytics in the cloud with customer partnerships. Mattersight’s solutions are used by companies in the healthcare, insurance, financial services, telecommunications, cable, utilities, education, hospitality and Government industries. The Company generates two types of revenue, which include managed services revenue and consulting services revenue.
Company Website: Mattersight Corp
The firm has 197 employees. Today its market capitalization is: $181.55 million and it has 25.57 million outstanding shares. Today there are 49.39% shareholders and the institutional ownership is 49.39%. Mattersight Corp was formed in Delaware on 1999-05-11. The stock closed at $7.09 yesterday and it had average 2 days volume of 41911 shares. It is down from the 30 days average shares volume of 60445. Mattersight Corp has a one year low of $4.75 and a 52weeks high of $8.10. The stock price is above the 200 days SMA. Mattersight Corp last issued its quarterly earnings report on 11/04/2015. The company reported -0.17 EPS for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of -0.15 by 0.02. The company had a revenue of 10.48 million for 9/30/2015 and 9.74 million for 6/30/2015. Therefore, the revenue was 740,000 up.
Jeffrey Bird is also director of Threshold Pharmaceuticals Inc, Portola Pharmaceuticals Inc, Horizon Pharma Plc, 10 percent owner of Pure Storage, Inc., Cardica Inc, Corcept Therapeutics Inc, Quinstreet, Inc, Data Domain, Inc.
* Shares sold by Sutter Hill Ventures – a California Limited Partnership (“SHV”). The reporting person is a managing director and member of the management committee of the General Partner of SHV. The reporting person disclaims beneficial ownership in these shares except as to the reporting person’s pecuniary interest in these shares.
* Shares held by Sutter Hill Ventures – a California Limited Partnership. The reporting person is a managing director and member of the management committee of the General Partner of Sutter Hill Ventures – a California Limited Partnership. The reporting person disclaims beneficial ownership in these shares except as to the reporting person’s pecuniary interest in these shares.
* Shares held by a limited partnership of which the reporting person is a trustee of a trust which is the General Partner. The reporting person disclaims beneficial ownership in these shares except as to the reporting person’s pecuniary interest in these shares.
* Shares held by Sutter Hill Ventures – A California Limited Partnership. The reporting person is a Managing Director of the General Partner of Sutter Hill Ventures – A California Limited Partnership. The reporting person disclaims beneficial ownership in these shares except as to the reporting person’s pecuniary interest therein.
* Shares held by a trust of which the reporting person is a trustee. The reporting person disclaims beneficial ownership in these shares except as to the reporting person’s pecuniary interest in these shares.
Mattersight Corp - Receive News & Ratings Via Email - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.