Donald Berg Insider Sell Transaction
Donald Berg, the director of Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP)
Meredith Corp Stock Rating, Sentiment and Fundamentals
Seven expert analysts who cover Meredith Corp’s stock are predicting earnings of $3.29 per share for 2015 giving the stock exchange listed company a forward P/E ratio of 15.90. The expert analysts also expect more than 5.00% earnings per share growth rate Year-Over-Year.
|Rating & Sentiment|
|Hedge Funds Sentiment:||NEUTRAL|
|Earnings + FCF Trend:||NEUTRAL|
* Read How Our Stock Ratings System Works
Thanks to Donald’s hard to miss stock investment and our trend-following model which is displayed below, we at OctaFinance rate this stock a “SELL”. The price of Meredith Corp’s share has decreased 2.02% over the last 75 days, and shows a strong and smooth down trend down.
Price Chart of Meredith Corporation NYSE:MDP Stock
Source: RightEdgeSystems, Yahoo Split & Dividend Adjusted Data and OctaFinance Interpretations
Just as popular stock traders (who include Felix Zulauf) stated, the best money is made via a combination of technical & fundamental analysis.
Hedge Funds Ownership
Information from Q4 2014 13F SEC filings, disclose 191 institutional players owned shares of Meredith Corp. In Q4 2014, this company had 80.84% institutional ownership. That is a high interest. Its up 2.32% from previous quarter. These professional stock owners increased the total shares they own by 816,993 to 36.04 million this quarter. There were 19 funds that closed their positions and 73 that reduced them. A total of 32 funds opened new positions in Meredith Corp and 59 increased their holdings.
There are two institutional funds having the firm in their Top 10. These funds are: Tealwood Asset Management Inc, Wallace Capital Management Inc..
Tealwood Asset Management Inc had the greatest investment with ownership of 106,175 shares as of Q4 2014 for 2.27% of the fund’s portfolio. Scott Wallace’s Wallace Capital Management Inc. is another bullish player possessing 266,550 shares of the company or 2.77% of their stocks portfolio. The stock is also 2.19% of the fund’s AUM. S&T Bank Pa have 2.09% of their stock portfolio invested in the stock for 265,137 shares. Further, The Illinois-based fund Channing Capital Management Llc disclosed it had purchased a stake worth 1.73% of the fund’s stock portfolio in the company. The New York-based fund Boyar Asset Management Inc. was also a big follower of the stock, with ownership of 52,770 shares. Meredith Corp is 2.24% of the fund’s stock portfolio.
Meredith Corporation NYSE:MDP Company Profile
Meredith Corporation is a media and marketing company. The Company operates two business segments namely local media and national media. Its national media segment includes national consumer media brands delivered via multiple media platforms including print magazines and digital and mobile media, brand licensing activities, database-related activities and business-to-business marketing products and services. The local media segment consists of the operations of network-affiliated television stations, related digital and mobile media, and video creation operations. Local media segment consists of 14 owned television stations and one operated television station located across the United States in digital and mobile media, and a national video creation unit.
At the moment its market capitalization is: $2.32 billion and it has 44.32 million outstanding shares. As of writing there are 95.73% shareholders and the institutional ownership is 95.73%. Meredith Corp has 3500 employees. Meredith Corp was filled in Iowa on 1905-08-09. The stock closed at $52.35 yesterday and it had average 2 days volume of 41060 shares. It is down from the 30 days average shares volume of 42863. Meredith Corp has a one year low of $41.95 and a 52weeks high of $57.16. The stock price is above the 200 days SMA. Meredith Corp last issued its quarterly earnings data on 04/23/2015. The company reported 0.71 EPS for the quarter, above the consensus estimate of 0.68 by 0.03. The company had a revenue of 398.18 million for 3/31/2015 and 398.91 million for 12/31/2014. Therefore, the revenue was -726,000 down.
Donald Berg is also Chief Financial Officer of Brown Forman Corp.
* Shares held by reporting person indirectly as executor of the estate of LaVerne C. Berg of which reporting person holds 25% interest.
* Shares held by the reporting person in street name.
* This restricted stock was awarded pursuant to the Meredith Corporation 2004 Stock Incentive Plan. The shares are subject to forfeiture and nontransferable until vested. Restrictions on the shares lapse on 1/3 of the shares per year commencing on the first anniversary of the grant date.
* Stock equivalents issued pursuant to the Meredith Corporation 2004 Stock Incentive Plan (the “Plan”) – which will be converted to Common Stock ($1 par value) on a one-for-one basis upon the reporting person’s retirement from or termination of service on the Meredith Board of Directors. Quarterly dividends are accrued in the form of additional stock equivalents.
* Nonqualified stock options awarded pursuant to the Meredith Corporation 2004 Stock Incentive Plan – which become exercisable one-third per year over a three-year period beginning on the first anniversary of the grant date – expire on the tenth anniversary of the grant date – and have exercise prices as specified in each award agreement.
Receive News & Ratings Via Email - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.